NorthWestern Energy’s Heat Pump Water Heater (HPWH) Program is working to accelerate the adoption of HPWHs by providing incentives to customers and installers.
Steps to Participate
- Complete the Enrollment Form to get started.
- Be prepared with an IRS Form W-9 and ACH bank account and routing number.
- Earn 1 CEU by completing the required training.
- Complete the Project Eligibility Form with customer details.
- Eligibility will be confirmed within 3 business days.
- Complete your approved install and submit the Project Details Form to request payment.
- Once project is approved for payment, a confirmation email will be sent. Payments typically take one week after approval.
Participating installers are required to complete a HPWH training to qualify for the program.
Two training options are available for you to receive 1 Continuing Education Unit (CEU) from the State of Montana:
- On-demand, online training through Comfort Ready Home.
- In-person training may be offered as needed. Initially, online trainings will be the preferred training method.
Get rewards for your customer and your business by promoting energy-efficient HPWHs. Enroll now.
Customers are eligible for an instant incentive of up to $3,000. This amount can be used to offset the materials and installation expenses.
Earn a $500 SPIF (sales performance incentive fund) for every qualifying installation you complete.
Receive no-cost trainings and access to a HPWH expert for best installation practices. Learn everything from correct sizing to space requirements.
Resources to Get You Started
Explore program resources, including training, the qualified products list, and more.
To participate in this program, you must complete the free training online. Completing the course earns you 1 CEU from the State of Montana. Ready to get started? Click Here.
Qualified Product List
Only Tier 3 or Tier 4 heat pump water heaters on the Advanced Water Heating Specification Qualified Products List are eligible.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions to learn more.
For other incentives through NorthWestern Energy, click here.